We are committed to researching, developing and applying high quality, precision transmission equipment products,who provides reliable mechanical actuator for horizonal single axis, dual-axis photovoltaic tracking system, CSP, CPV solar tracking design.
Place of Origin
Tilting Moment Torque
Static Axial Rating
Static Radial Rating
Dynamic Axial Rating
Dynamic Radial Rating
Coresun Drive slewing drive gear motor worm drive for horizontal single-axis solar tracking system. For horizontal single-axis solar tracking system, the main shaft of solar panel will adjust the angle to precisely track the declination angle. This kind of slewing drive is only applied for low latitudes area.
Coresun Drive slewing drive is used for the solar tracker with the highest yield-per-acre performance and greatest land-use options, ideal for large-scale PV projects. Those features combined with proven cost-effective installation and operation.
Worm Gear Slewing Drive for Solar Tracker. Single axis trackers. Single axis trackers have one degree of freedom that acts as an axis of rotation. The axis of rotation of single axis trackers is typically aligned along a true North meridian.
Coresun – Practical Slewing Drive & Slewing Bearing Promoter.
We are committed to researching, developing and applying high quality, precision transmission equipment products,who provides reliable mechanical actuator for horizonal single axis, dual-axis photovoltaic tracking system, CSP,CPV solar tracking design.Our professional and high-quality products will be also applied well as a steady solution on aerial working platform, truck crane, timber grab, drilling rig, spray equipment, hydraulic module vehicle,automated assembly lines, wind yaw systems,etc.
1. Our company’s worm gear reducer (slewing drive device) adopts the transmission mode of plane secondary enveloping ring surface worm combined with slewing support, which can realize multi-tooth meshing.
2. On the premise of not affecting the performance of the whole device, we improved and optimized it, and its overall thickness became thinner and weight became lighter.
3. The rotary device at the center is a through hole for the customer to use. The original product is solid.
4. The worm material is 42CrMo, the secondary nitride treatment, the slewing bearing material is 50Mn, the teeth are quenched, and its wear resistance is good.
Tilting Moment Torque: Torque is the load multiplied by distance between the position of load and the center of slewing bearing. If the qorque generated by load and distance is greater than the rated tilting moment torque, slewing drive will be overturned.
Radial load: Load vertical to the axis of slewing bearing
Axial load: Load parallel to the axis of slewing bearing
Holding torque:It is the reverse torque.When the drive is rotating reversely, and parts are not damaged,The maximum torque achieved is called holding torque.
Self-locking: Only when loaded, the slewing drive is not able to reverse rotate and thus called self-loc
Photovoltaic power generation is an important application field of rotary drive, using slewing drive VH9 as a rotating component of solar photovoltaic modules, according to the position of the sun in a day to the host of the angle and elevation of accurate adjustment, time is the solar panel for better reception angle, can make greater efficiency of power generation.
Coresun Drive slewing drive gear motor have arroved by CE and ISO2001 certificate.
It is sincerely looking CHINAMFG to cooperating with you for and providing you the best quality product & service with all of our heart!
Can worm gears be used in precision manufacturing equipment?
Yes, worm gears can be used in precision manufacturing equipment. Here’s a detailed explanation of their use in precision manufacturing:
1. Precision Motion Control: Worm gears can provide precise motion control in manufacturing equipment. Their design allows for high gear ratios, which enables fine adjustments and precise positioning. This is particularly useful in applications where accurate and repeatable movement is required, such as CNC machines, robotic arms, and coordinate measuring machines (CMMs).
2. Load Holding and Backdriving Prevention: Worm gears have a self-locking characteristic, meaning they can hold loads in position without the need for additional brakes or clutches. This feature is advantageous in precision manufacturing equipment where holding a position is critical. The self-locking property also helps prevent backdriving, ensuring stability and accuracy during operation.
3. Compact Design: Worm gears have a compact design, which can be beneficial in space-constrained manufacturing equipment. Their worm and worm wheel configuration allows for a compact footprint, making them suitable for applications where size limitations exist.
4. High Torque Transmission: Worm gears can transmit high torque, making them suitable for heavy-duty precision manufacturing equipment. The meshing of the worm and worm wheel generates a large contact area, enabling efficient power transfer and load handling capabilities.
5. Reduced Noise and Vibration: Worm gears operate with a sliding motion rather than a rolling motion, resulting in reduced noise and vibration levels. This characteristic is advantageous in precision manufacturing equipment, as it helps maintain a quieter working environment and minimizes potential disturbances that could affect the precision of the manufacturing process.
6. Lubrication and Maintenance: Proper lubrication is crucial for the efficient and reliable operation of worm gears in precision manufacturing equipment. Lubricants help reduce friction and wear between the gear teeth, ensuring smooth and accurate motion. Regular maintenance and lubrication schedules should be followed to optimize gear performance and extend their service life.
While worm gears offer several advantages in precision manufacturing equipment, it’s important to consider the specific requirements of the application. Factors such as gear ratio, efficiency, backlash, and operating conditions should be carefully evaluated to ensure that worm gears are the appropriate choice for achieving the desired precision and performance.
Overall, worm gears can be successfully utilized in precision manufacturing equipment, providing precise motion control, load holding capabilities, compactness, and high torque transmission. When properly selected, installed, and maintained, worm gears can contribute to the accuracy, reliability, and efficiency of precision manufacturing processes.
What are the potential challenges in designing and manufacturing worm gears?
Designing and manufacturing worm gears can present several challenges due to their unique characteristics and operating conditions. Here’s a detailed explanation of the potential challenges involved:
- Complex geometry: Worm gears have complex geometry with helical threads on the worm shaft and corresponding teeth on the worm wheel. Designing the precise geometry of the gear teeth, including the helix angle, lead angle, and tooth profile, requires careful analysis and calculation to ensure proper meshing and efficient power transmission.
- Gear materials and heat treatment: Selecting suitable materials for worm gears is critical to ensure strength, wear resistance, and durability. The materials must have good friction and wear properties, as well as the ability to withstand the sliding and rolling contact between the worm and the worm wheel. Additionally, heat treatment processes such as carburizing or induction hardening may be necessary to enhance the gear’s surface hardness and improve its load-carrying capacity.
- Lubrication and cooling: Worm gears operate under high contact pressures and sliding velocities, resulting in significant heat generation and lubrication challenges. Proper lubrication is crucial to reduce friction, wear, and heat buildup. Ensuring effective lubricant distribution to all contact surfaces, managing lubricant temperature, and providing adequate cooling mechanisms are important considerations in worm gear design and manufacturing.
- Backlash control: Controlling backlash, which is the clearance between the worm and the worm wheel, is crucial for precise motion control and positional accuracy. Designing the gear teeth and adjusting the clearances to minimize backlash while maintaining proper tooth engagement is a challenge that requires careful consideration of factors such as gear geometry, tolerances, and manufacturing processes.
- Manufacturing accuracy: Achieving the required manufacturing accuracy in worm gears can be challenging due to their complex geometry and tight tolerances. The accurate machining of gear teeth, maintaining proper tooth profiles, and achieving the desired surface finish require advanced machining techniques, specialized tools, and skilled operators.
- Noise and vibration: Worm gears can generate noise and vibration due to the sliding contact between the gear teeth. Designing the gear geometry, tooth profiles, and surface finishes to minimize noise and vibration is a challenge. Additionally, the selection of appropriate materials, lubrication methods, and gear housing design can help reduce noise and vibration levels.
- Efficiency and power loss: Worm gears inherently have lower efficiency compared to other types of gear systems due to the sliding contact and high gear ratios. Minimizing power loss and improving efficiency through optimized gear design, material selection, lubrication, and manufacturing accuracy is a challenge that requires careful balancing of various factors.
- Wear and fatigue: Worm gears are subjected to high contact stresses and cyclic loading, which can lead to wear, pitting, and fatigue failure. Designing the gear teeth for proper load distribution, selecting appropriate materials, and applying suitable surface treatments or coatings are essential to mitigate wear and fatigue issues.
- Cost considerations: Designing and manufacturing worm gears can be cost-intensive due to the complexity of the gear geometry, material requirements, and precision manufacturing processes. Balancing performance requirements with cost considerations is a challenge that requires careful evaluation of the gear’s intended application, performance expectations, and budget constraints.
Addressing these challenges requires a comprehensive understanding of gear design principles, manufacturing processes, material science, and lubrication technologies. Collaboration between design engineers, manufacturing experts, and material specialists is often necessary to overcome these challenges and ensure the successful design and production of high-quality worm gears.
What are the applications of a worm gear?
A worm gear is a type of gear mechanism that consists of a threaded worm and a mating gear, known as the worm wheel or worm gear. It is widely used in various applications where a high gear ratio and compact size are required. Here are some specific applications of worm gears:
- Elevators and Lifts: Worm gears are extensively used in elevator and lift systems. They provide the necessary gear reduction to lift heavy loads while maintaining smooth and controlled vertical movement.
- Steering Systems: Worm gears are commonly found in automotive steering systems. They convert the rotational motion of the steering wheel into the linear motion required to turn the vehicle’s wheels.
- Conveyors: Worm gears are employed in conveyor systems, particularly for applications that require moving materials at an inclined angle. They offer the necessary torque and control for efficient material handling.
- Machine Tools: Worm gears are used in machine tools such as milling machines, lathes, and grinders. They enable precise control over the machine’s speed and feed rate, resulting in accurate machining operations.
- Packaging Equipment: Worm gears are utilized in packaging machinery to drive various components such as conveyor belts, rotary tables, and filling mechanisms. They ensure synchronized and efficient packaging processes.
- Rotary Actuators: Worm gears find applications in rotary actuators, which are used in robotics, industrial automation, and valve control. They provide precise positioning and torque output for rotational movements.
- Textile Machinery: Worm gears are employed in textile machinery for applications like yarn winding, loom mechanisms, and fabric tensioning. They ensure smooth and controlled movement of threads and fabrics.
- Raising and Lowering Mechanisms: Worm gears are used in raising and lowering mechanisms, such as those found in stage platforms, scissor lifts, and adjustable workbenches. They enable controlled vertical movement with high load capacity.
These are just a few examples of the applications of worm gears. Their unique characteristics, including high gear reduction ratios, compact size, and self-locking capabilities, make them suitable for a wide range of industries and mechanical systems.
editor by CX 2023-09-19